Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Joke's Birthday she is turning 19 today. i was the first person to wish her a happy birthday in english.

breakfast we ate outside a little cafe. i had a costa rican style breakfast with rice and beans. it will probably be the last time i have it for a while. Janeck asked me why I would order it after eating it so much. The two of them got western style breakfasts with croissant and scrambled eggs.

shopping i got some coffee beans as souvenirs. Joke bought a pair of ear buds because her's were broken. we went into a bajillion stores to try to find waterproof pants for joke for their next project teacher school children. it's supposed to be rainy season there right now. we couldn't find anything she wanted though.

cows they are everywhere! like the moose in toronto.



















































triple blow
we went into a crowded market place. i was looking for souvenirs for myself and friends back home. i bought a key chain and a lighter cover. it was so busy, i got separated from Joke and Janeck. Then I realized that someone stole my change purse, except I didn't only have change in there. I also had a twenty dollar bill. I think I lost about $25. Later, I realized that my ipod was also stolen. I looked around for them, but I went back to the hostel after a while.

Megan + Ashley guess who i saw back at Pangea! I hung out with them, using the computers while I waited for Janeck and Joke to come back. I dropped off my stuff in the girl's room because Joke carried our key. Megan and Ashley wanted to buy souvenirs, so I went with them back to the same strip of stores. We also went to the super market for snacks to bring home. I bought Chiky cookies, mango juice mix, sesame sticks and some gum. Then, we walked to another hostel to pick up their stuff from storage. When we returned, janeck and joke were back. They were relieved to see that I was safe.

Henry treated joke and i to chocolate milkshakes. Then he drove us to the bus station that the german couple had to take tomorrow so they knew where it was.

















staying up
i used the computers until Megan and Ashley woke up to catch a bus to the airport. I typed up entries for my blog and made turtle goodbye cards for everyone. a drunk guy came up to and we had a funny conversation. at 4am, Megan went for a shower and passed by me at my lonely computer. I gave the girls their cards and took a nap.

No comments: